Lowes military discount is for military service members who are active duty, retired and veterans. All are eligible for a 10% off military discount in store and on Lowes.com online every day. However, there are a few exclusions to the discount.
The military discount at Lowes is usually updated once a year and includes changes and exclusions that are company wide. Individual stores do not set their own military discount policy. The last time changes were made was in March 2022.
The Current Lowe’s Military Discount Policy
- 10% Off Your Purchases Every Day. A 10% every day Military Discount on most full-price items to those who have served or are currently serving our country in the US armed forces.
- No Annual Savings Limit. Your Everyday Military Discount has no annual limit. So whether you’re doing a remodel on your kitchen or just picking up a bag of charcoal for your barbecue, you can enjoy a 10% savings.
- Registration Required Through ID.me. Lowe’s partners with ID.me to verify discount eligibility in real time. Sign up is quick and you can start saving immediately.
- Save Online and In Store. The same exclusions apply whether you’re buying paint in store or shopping for power tools online. You can always use your every day Military Discount.
- Spouses are eligible too. Military spouses can also use the Everyday Military Discount.
What Exclusions Have Changed In 2022
There were two big changes to the Lowes military discount in 2022.
- Children are no longer eligible for the discount. Adult children still living at home were eligible until the last update in March 2022.
- A ton of new exclusions were added. The military discount can not be used on any sale item or with any other discounts such as the Lowe’s Price Promise, Lowe’s Credit 5% off Everyday Discount, and manager discretion price adjustments.
It also can not be used on major appliances and related accessories and parts. Also excluded are commodities like electrical cable, electrical wire, dimensional lumber, plywood, and OSB.
Gift cards, fees, installation charges, labor, delivery, shipping, extended protection plans and rentals are also not eligible for the military discount.
How To Get The Lowe’s Military Discount
Even though there are exclusions, it’s still a great discount so take advantage of it! Military service includes the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), United States Public Health Service (USPHS) and the National Guard.
To receive the discount, you need to enroll in the MyLowe’s Program. Lowe’s uses ID.me to verify eligibility status, which usually requires you to submit proof of military service. You’ll only need to do this once.
You then link your MyLowe’s account with your phone number or carry a membership card and make discount purchases. In store, cashiers may ask to see your military ID.
Also, the military discount is for personal use only, and not for your business. That exclusion has always been there. Lowe’s can change or cancel the program at any time or cancel your membership if there is evidence of misuse. Please use the program as it is intended. Don’t let other family members use it to get a discount or use it as a favor to your friends and neighbors.
Military Discounts Build Loyalty
Like Home Depot, Lowe’s offers discounts for both veterans and active military members and their spouses. Of course, there are some exceptions and exclusions to the discount, but overall, it’s a great way to save money on different products.
By giving back to the military community, retailers send a positive message to the public about the business. Stores also are advertising their brand to a market of 1.2 million active-duty and another 2 million retired military personnel. In total there are over 17 million veterans in the U.S. as of 2022. Men and women who have bravely served their country.
It’s easy to take advantage of Lowe’s 10% military discount program. The easiest way is to sign up online for the free MyLowe’s program and register as a military veteran.
Keep Updated on Exclusions and Changes
Any changes and exclusions to the Lowe’s military discount policy will be posted here as soon as we learn of them. The current discount allows for an unlimited annual discount on purchases.
While some of the exclusions are on big ticket items like appliances and building materials, you will still save 10% on everything from lawn mower blades to hand tools to new flooring. Don’t worry too much about the changes and exclusions and start saving on that home improvement project today!