Farmhouse sinks can be a great choice for your kitchen. Your kitchen is really not complete without the right kitchen sink. From stainless steel and porcelain to quartz and composites. Lowe and The Home Depot have a wide assortment of kitchen sinks to meet your needs.
A popular option for your kitchen is the Farmhouse Sink. A farmhouse sink, sometimes called an apron sink, is a drop-in sink that has an exposed front-facing side. Farmhouse sinks are generally very large and allow for multi-purpose use like washing laundry, kitchen cleaning and even plenty of room to give a baby a bath! A farmhouse sink will certainly add a rustic feel to your kitchen.
Finding The Right Sink For Your Kitchen
When replacing your sink with a Farmhouse sink, you will need to do a little research. Today’s kitchen sinks are available in a variety of shapes, sizes and materials. Kitchen sinks can include accessories like draining boards, cutting boards and drying racks.
Consider the sink size
- How large of a sink will you need?
- Do you have the cabinet space available?
Farmhouse Sink Configuration
- Where will your sink be in relation to your dishwasher or other appliances?
- Do you have the right amount of holes and do they match up?
- Will this new sink work with your current disposal?
- Is your drain right for the sink you want?
Farmhouse and Apron Sinks
- Apron sinks, also known as farmhouse sinks, have a wide base and deep single bowl with a front that drops down in front of the sink instead of stopping at the edge of the counter.
- Farmhouse style allows for easier cleaning of larger items like pots and pans.
- A different base cabinet may be required to support it.
Should You Get A Farmhouse Sink?
Farmhouse sinks won’t be a good fit for every kitchen. Always consider the bigger size of a farmhouse sink and the added installation costs. A good portion of your kitchen may need to be removed or remodeled to make it fit, so be wary of hidden costs during set up.
A Farmhouse Sink adds a feeling of rustic nostalgia to a kitchen and can help bring out your character to enhances a country style kitchen.
Farmhouse style sinks are available in store and online at Home Depot, Lowes and Menards. And always check out Farmhouse Styles at Amazon. The brands and styles will range quite a bit from store to store.